2000cc Oxygen Absorbers
Full Case - 12 Packs of 20 each (2400 Total)
- A 2000cc Oxygen Absorber is ideal for a 20"x30" or 5 gallon size mylar bag
- Oxygen Absorbers are pre-packaged in a factory vacuum sealed pack
- Use (1) 2000cc Oxygen Absorber sachet per bag
- A pink “Oxy Eye” oxygen indicator in the bag means the pack of absorbers are fresh
Oxygen Absorbers designed to remove unwanted oxygen inside a packaged environment. Removing the oxygen protects dry food from developing insects or growing mold or fungi. Oxygen absorbers are safe and easy to use with food products such as dried meats, baked goods, dried spices, bulk foods and other foodstuffs. Use inside a mylar bag or foil pouch to preserve the food for long term food storage.
Oxygen Absorber Advantages:
- Lowers oxygen levels to less than 0.01%
- Maintains product freshness
- Extends product shelf life
- FDA GRAS Rated: safe for use with food and food related products
- Prevents mold, mildew and bacteria from forming
- Safe & easy to use
With relatively strong capacity of oxygen and carbon dioxide absorption, it will satisfy the requirement of keeping freshness on a wide variety of food products. By effectively removing oxygen and carbon dioxide and create a O2 & CO2-free environment in a sealed package, it will keep the freshness, original taste and color of foodstuff, and prevent it from staling, oxidative rancidity, growth of mold, aerobic and anaerobic microorganisms. It will also effectively prevent the development of corrosion, rustiness, and the growth of mold on sealed clothing, instrument, etc.
1. Freshness preservation of perishable food.
2. Prevent dried meat and fish product from the development of mold, oil oxidation, rancidity, and staling.
3. Protect dehydrated fruits and vegetables against moth, growth of mold, color degradation, and oxidative rancidity.
4. Maintain the quality and flavor of pharmaceutical products and suppress the growth of moth, mould and microorganisms.
5. Preserve the quality of tea, tobacco, grain, leather, etc.
6. Achieve rust-proof of metal, long-term preservation of antique, and other valuable instrument.
How do I know if the Absorbers are good?
1. Check if the pack is vacuum sealed. The best way to identify if our product is good or not is if the original master bag is in a vacuum sealed condition. If it is no longer in vacuum condition, it is bad and can be returned. How to see if it is in vacuum condition? Using two fingers hold a corner of the master vacuum bag and see if the sachets inside the bag can move freely. If so, it means it is no longer in vacuum condition. If not, it means it is still in good vacuum condition.
2. Check the color inside the individual absorber sachets. After you open the absorber sachet and see the powder inside, if the powder is in black, it means the powder is in good condition. If the powder has some reddish color on it, it means the iron has been oxidized more or less. The more red color in it, the more oxidization it has, and the less suitable to be used. We pack our sachet with extra capacity in a way that, it will compensate the capacity loss (iron being oxidized) during its shelf life. At the end of its shelf life, the powder should be black or only very little reddish.
NOT good indicators if the oxygen absorbers are good;
1. My oxygen absorber sachets did not heat up? Our absorber contains iron powder, which is oxidized when exposed to air. There are two different mechanisms of oxidization. One is by chemical reaction, which generates lots of heat. Another is by electrochemical reaction, which does not generate much heat. The two mechanisms are working at the same time. Different formula may have different weight of one mechanism than the other. A small sachet (such as 100cc) does not contain the amount of powder and surface area (amount of air exposed) to be oxidized to generate similar amount of heat than a big sachet (such as 2000cc) does. Therefore it is very unreliable to judge the sachet's quality by feeling its heat.
2. My bag did not shrink around the contents inside? An oxygen absorbers job is to absorb the O2 inside the bag, although air is only made up of 20% oxygen. The other 78% is nitrogen and the remaining 2% other gases & water vapor. Therefore it is impossible for the oxygen absorber to absorb all the air left in a properly sealed bag since most of the air is not oxygen. However void of oxygen the air left inside your bag becomes useless for mold, bugs, and other microorganisms to grow and spoil the perishable items.
- Size: 2000cc
- Capacity: 3000cc
- Type: Desiccant-like oxygen absorber (also called oxygen scavenger)
- Function: Absorb both O2 & CO2, also absorbs moisture
- Contents: Iron-based formula
·Construction: Oil-proof packet.
2000cc Oxygen Absorbers Full Case / 240 Total (12-packs of 20ea.) 175,45 (2000-20C) www.keepfreshbags.com
- Brand: OxyFree
- Product Code: 2000-20C
- Availability: In Stock
Tags: Oxygen, Absorbers, Oxygen Absorbers, 2000cc, Oxygen, Absorbers, Full, Case, 240, Total, (12-packs, 20ea.), 2000cc Oxygen Absorbers Full Case / 240 Total (12-packs of 20ea.) buy in oxygen, absorbers, full, case, total